Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Châteaux-ing, I

One of my first weeks here, we went chateaux-ing around Amiens. We meaning myself and my German roommate. It was a lot of fun. And it was really nice that he brought his car to France. Below the fold are some pictures of one of our adventures.


A 19th century château.
Looks like Percy Blakeny could live here!




A beautiful lake... somewhere. 
I actually don't remember where I took this picture.


The forest outside of the château.


Sadly, it was closed to the public so we just had to look through the bars.


Well, that's it for now. I'll post some more later.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

How lovely! Is it a private residence? I'm not sure how I would feel having people peering through my gate...

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you're able to blog again! Your pictures remind me of how beautiful [and old!] Europe is!