Monday, November 30, 2009

A Textbook Funny


Good news to all of my European-American female friends: You've got a much better chance at immortality than the rest of us, particularily my African-Amerian male friends.

I was just reading one of my textbooks and had to laugh at this paragraph: “Men are more apt to die than women, primarily due to their higher involvement in automobile accidents. Furthermore, African-Americans have twice the death rate of Caucasians, and minorities in general have a higher likelihood of dying than the Caucasian majority."

Ignoring the repeated use of the highly offensive term "Caucasian" to refer to European-Americans,  I couldn't help but laugh at the bizzare world in which these people live. But I hope you European-American girls enjoy your life since you're probably not going to die. I just wonder where they keep all of these 1,000 year old women...

For the rest of us (males and minorities): I can't see much benefit to living forever, especially since these ladies are apparently locked up somewhere after they get much older than 100, so we shouldn't feel too bad about our higher chances of dying.


4 comments:

gail said...

The best thing about these posts of yours is that in my head I can hear your voice telling this account with your added laughter and exclamations! Very hilarious! I do wonder where I shall be after my obit. is read and I am not here(I do know where I shall be!!)

Ruth said...

It's like Stryder on LOTR. We don't show our age. No wonder we are smarter than you men, we have years more experience. ;-)

Jon said...

rats, I guess this mean that everyone in my family is going to die...Danny and I for being men and Judy for being a minority. So do my chance of dieing 1 year after her go up seeing as how she will actually die? (See Textbook Funny II)

Pierre Bellville said...

You must understand that this doesn't mean minorities and men WILL die, just that we have a greater risk of death than European-American women.

Sorry about the bad risks for your fam though... ;)